We lead the strategy and planning for cardiac services across the province, helping the system prepare for and respond to issues that have an impact on cardiac service quality, access and sustainability.
Our mandate includes:
- establish a provincial vision, goals and objectives for the cardiac services program
- determine priority and allocate sufficient resources to best meet patient needs
- conduct projection modeling to determine emerging needs for services
- develop provincial cardiac services and capital requirement plans to respond to emerging patient needs and new technologies (includes budgeting, determining what sites will deliver the service and ensuring the necessary expertise and resources are in place to support the service)
- recommend future initiatives for cardiac services within the province.