Skip to main content

Coping & Support

We recommend several websites for more information about different types of heart disease and their treatment.

All cardiac topics

Coronary artery disease

Heart valve

Heart rhythm

Heart failure


How to get a referral

Referrals for all specialized cardiac diagnostic and treatment procedures must be made by a health care professional: physician, nurse practitioner, cardiologist or internist. 

To get a referral, you should talk to your primary care provider or specialist.


Do you live in a rural area or in Northern BC?

Telehealth is a service that provides free live videoconferencing over a secure, high-speed provincial network. It can help patients to access expert cardiac consultation without a trip to a major heart centre. 

Talk to your doctor about whether telehealth may be an option in your cardiac care.

Tab Heading
SOURCE: Coping & Support ( )
Page printed: . Unofficial document if printed. Please refer to SOURCE for latest information.

Copyright © Cardiac Services BC. All Rights Reserved.

    Copyright © 2019 Provincial Health Services Authority.