BC’s Heart Failure Network works to improve the health and well-being of BC people who are living with heart failure. It is supported by all of BC’s regional health authorities.
BC’s Heart Failure Network is
1. A collaborative, interprofessional team from across BC.
Supported by BC’s health authorities, we are a BC wide network of cardiac specialists, nurses, family physicians, and allied health care professionals. This team, along with Cardiac Services BC, created BC’s heart failure network.
2. Committed to broad education & knowledge sharing.
We provide comprehensive and current information, guidelines, and practice tools for BC health professionals. We also provide accessible, culturally sensitive resources to ensure all patients and families have the opportunity to co-manage their heart failure care.
3. Working with health practitioners to standardize quolity care in BC.
We provide the latest evidence based heart failure literature and evidence-based tools to ensure all practitioners have the information they need to deliver the best quality care no matter where they practice in BC.
4. Working with BC health authorities to ensure equitable access to heart failure care.
Together, we are increasing human resource capacity and creating supports to ensure all patients in BC have timely access to heart failure diagnostics and specialty care.
5. Committed to improving health outcomes of British Columbians with heart failure.
Guided by the BC heart failure strategy, we seek to improve the health and quality of life of all heart failure patients living in BC.